Time: January 27, 2016 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: Cerner Siemens SMS
Street: 55 Valley Stream Parkway
City/Town: Malvern PA
Website or Map: http://bit.ly/1PwBihn
Event Type: meeting
Organized By: John Voris, Lead Coordinator
Latest Activity: Feb 23, 2016
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
Leveraging Lean Software Development Methodology in Agile Teams
( Slides are available here
More slides here2 )
WEDNESDAY Jan 27st
LEAN practices have implications for not just developers, but OPS and customer support as well. What you really want to become adept at is to “look at things with Lean eyes”.
There are techniques we can borrow from manufacturing to look at existing, repeated processes with tools like:
- Value Flow Mappings
- Tracer Bullets
- Pull Methodology
Our Agenda Includes
1. Origins of Lean Principle - Manufacturing . . . and the great Strength of using "Lean" in processes
2. Its impact on Lean Software Development
3. Lean Software Development - 7 principles
4. Looking at each principle in details
5. Lean software development tools
6. Experiences of applying lean software development methodology in agile teams
7. Recognize the need to make major improvements in existing agile process
8. How to apply the 7 principles discussed in the existing processes.
9. "Before" and "After" results.
10. Open discussion - Share your thoughts and experience.
- Keetming Joel Chew, MSEE, MBA, PMP, CSM and Lean Six Sigma Certified . . . . Joel is a Technical Project Manager/Agile Product Owner from Thomson Reuters.
Keetming is a seasoned project manager with multiple years of success managing global multi-disciplinary teams and leading all phases of large scale technology programs. He has proven experiences utilizing agile and lean in new software product development, enterprise software implementation, and software release management for Thomson Reuters, NextDocs and Honeywell.
He is also a very active member of AgilePhilly.
Food sponsor for this meeting is Thomson Reuters.
Directions From Rte 202 or Swedesford Road SOUTH-Bound,
Exit off of Rte 202 at Penn State Great Valley or Microsoft ( .aka. Rte 29 North as if you were going to Microsoft )
At the stoplight, make a RIGHT onto Swedesford Road.
At the next stoplight, make a LEFT onto Valley Stream Parkway
Enter at the THIRD driveway on your RIGHT, 55 VALLEY STREAM PARKWAY,
This is the service road around the parking lots. The road will curve to the left to a parking garage in back of the Cerner buildings to your left. This garage is behind the Corp III Building.
Use the entrance for Corp III Building.
Go to the Parking Garage to the RIGHT of Corp III Building. Use the garage entrance into the building.
A security guard will be at the door to escort you to Auditorium A.
(If using the PA Turnpike EZPass Exit 320 at Malvern, it is South on Rte 29, LEFT onto Valley Stream Parkway and LEFT into the service road driveway .)
I have the 5 MB file of the slides from Joel Chew. Let me find a place to put them. Stay tuned.
P.S. I agree. It was a Great presentation. And from the Q&A and comments, it seems like LEAN should be another tool in all our toolbags.
Great presentation! Would love to be able to download the slides.
© 2023 Created by Ravindar Gujral. Powered by
RSVP for AgilePhilly meeting on Lean Software Development to add comments!
Join Agile Philly