Agile Philly

Committed to helping members build better software

Member discussion (60)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

We tried Baseball, and it didn't work

This tongue in cheek older post by Ron Jefferies is on Baseball, with Agile overtones. Called "We tried Baseball, and it didn't work", he…

Started by John Voris, Lead Coordinator

1 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Ravindar Gujral

What motivates us?

I made this blog entry. I hope people find this interesting. http://nostandardwork.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/what-motivates-us/

Started by Ravindar Gujral

0 Sep 27, 2010

Agile Methodology Project Managers - two needed in Wilmington

Need is for 6 months with extension likely; pay rate 65 - 70 on a w2.  Please email Sean Kavanaugh, Technical Recruiting Manager with inter…

Started by Sean Kavanaugh

0 Sep 21, 2010

Ken Schwaber's great 2004 podcast: The Business Case for Agile-Scrum. Any more recent?

From IT Conversations Network, I have a 2004 podcast of Ken Schwaber explaining the very compelling business case for Agile and Scrum. Has…

Started by David Calloway

0 Jun 28, 2010

Dealing with Organizational growing pains

Members, yesterday's meeting was great. I am attaching the presentation that Tiffany did with this blog post. Regards Ravindar

0 May 12, 2010

What really motivates employees?

I got a link to this article from infoq.com. It is a study of what motivates employees. The article was published for Harvard Business Revi…

2 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by James Adams

anyone going to XP 2010

This year I decided to send in a few session proposals for conferences... but I hate "production" work without a pair--so I invited friends…

Started by D. André Dhondt

3 Feb 15, 2010
Reply by D. André Dhondt

Cute Waterfall vs Agile Video

I got the link for this from my manager: Agile vs Waterfall

Started by Mark Larzelere

0 Dec 10, 2009

Year end happy hour

I like there veggie burgers a lot. No worries we will have to find a similar nice place. Sebastian you are in-charge of find this On Dec 1…

5 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Audrey R. Troutt

refactor/rename crafstman to codesmith

The word "craftsman" has bothered me for a while (due to gender exlusivitiy), and I tend to say "craft" instead, but here's another proposa…

Started by D. André Dhondt

2 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Ravindar Gujral

RSS

ANNOUNCEMENTS

At AgilePhilly, we have been Promoting Agile Ideas since 1776

AgilePhilly is a not-for-profit user group of volunteers in the Philadelphia area dedicated to better software development practices.

Meetings are monthly. Get meeting reminders by joining here.  

• Our events are Free but you must RSVP.  We have Evening Meetings in the Western Suburbs, usually on the Third Tuesday.  They usually begin at 6:30 pm.  A sample agenda would be:
    • 6:30-7:00 pm: Eat & Greet & Network
    • 7:00-8:20 Main Topic/Speaker
    • 8:20-8:30 Q & A , Pack-Up, More Networking

• Our Sponsors cover the cost of pizza / sandwiches for an evening.

Our attempt with the group is to provide an environment where you can exchange ideas and meet with individuals involved in agile community.

© 2024   Created by Ravindar Gujral.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service