Time: February 18, 2014 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: Vertex Inc
Street: 1041 Old Cassatt Road, Berwyn, PA 19312, Building 1031
City/Town: Paoli / Berwyn
Website or Map: http://goo.gl/maps/w1Ol1
Phone: 610 574-3813
Event Type: meeting, code, reviews, vertex
Organized By: John Voris, Lead Coordinator
Latest Activity: Mar 14, 2014
The topic of Code Review is an important one which all software engineers should be encouraged to use, whether they are Waterfall or Agile
We will see among our members their current feelings and ideas – with a lot of Q&A about . . .
- when doing Code Reviews, where do you like to start – by looking at the code ? or the tests ? or the Generated Documentation ? or the manual Sox documentation ?
- How much time should be given to code reviews ? At what point is it a diminishing return ?
- Who on the team should be involved ? Everyone? Equivalent talented peers? SW Managers?
- For real situations, are Peer Code Reviews really a good learning experience for juniors ?
- How can one defuse the stigma that "Critiquing Your Precious Beautiful Code" can be ?
- Anecdotal evidence of things caught in Code Review
- Statistics on Quality from Code Review . . . make this a Must Do area for all software, but does it apply to our codebase and our practices ?
Presentation materials are at
P.S. for complete directions, see webpage
but generally http://goo.gl/maps/w1Ol1
And be sure to follow Trevor at