An online community discussion on October 9 will bring government and industry practitioners together to examine why UX in the public sector is hard to get right.
Discover what’s causing communication and talent gaps in the procurement of UX services — and how agencies and contractors can start working together to solve the puzzle of government user experience.
12p PT / 3p ET
Online – register for your event link (free!)
- Mike Palmer, DHS Digital Service
- Rachel Kroft, CivicActions
- Dana Chisnell, Center for Civic Design
- Michael Akindele, Product Design / Technology Innovation
- Charles Tsui, Appian Corporation / Code Modern
- Christy Hermansen, General Services Administration
- What’s going well in government UX — and what isn’t
- Why government contractors struggle to hire good UX talent
- The surprising make-or-break role of UX in DHS FLASH and other technical challenges
- How you can tell the difference between a good or bad UX-er during an interview
- How to successfully write UX requirements into solicitations
- The truth about Product Ownership and UX