Time: January 16, 2019 from 5:30pm to 8pm
Location: Microsoft in Malvern
Street: Liberty Blvd
Website or Map: https://www.meetup.com/Philly…
Event Type: crossposting, microsoft
Organized By: Philly dot Net
Latest Activity: Jan 21, 2019
This Philly dot Net monthly meeting
It has the title THE VALUE OF AGILE
It will be held WEDS January 16 from 5:30-8:00 on the second floor of the Microsoft Malvern MTC in Malvern. Refreshments are provided courtesy of Apex Systems
IT WILL BE LIVE-STREAMED, TOO
Speaker: Scott Ocamb - Agile Coach at APEX Systems
The first part of the presentation will discuss the Value of Agile and how we can predict dates and manage a budget using Scrum and Kanban. The following points will be covered:
The second part of the evening will walk through an end-to-end DevOps Pipeline using a very simple MVC application to see the following:
• Make a change to the application using Visual Studio.
• Commit the change to a Sprint branch in Git.
• See an Continuous Integration build run in the sprint branch.
• Release the change to the QA environment.
• Test the change in the QA environment.
• Perform a pull request from the Sprint Branch to the Master Branch.
• Perform a code review.
• See an Continuous Integration build run in the master branch.
• Release the change to the Staging Environment with approvals
• Test the change in the Staging Environment
• Swap the Staging slot with the Production slot with an approval.
• Test the change in production.
• Rollback the change to simulate a production issue.
This session will live stream on Mixer at our channel https://mixer.com/phillydotnet
All meetups are recorded and appear on our YouTube channel at
THE VIDEO FROM JAN 16 2019 is here