Agile Philly

Committed to helping members build better software

Member discussion (60)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Agile Project and Portfolio Summit May 9-11 - Harrisburg PA

Harrisburg University is preparing for an awesome gathering of Agile Practitioners and  industry leaders from around North America to close…

Started by Thomas C Sheives

0 Feb 29, 2016

New to Agile

I completed Scrum Master certification in June.  My current employer is not interested in applying it. I've attended several Agile Philly &…

Started by Glenn Berman

2 Jan 10, 2016
Reply by Glenn Berman

To be Certified or Not to be?

This topic was raised in General discussions at the 2014 Agile Philly event recently hosted by Ebay.  It seemed certs were only be really n…

Started by C Stefanache

0 Oct 20, 2014

I am making a list . . .

I am creating a list of why some organizations succeed with agile.  I will probably turn it into a theme on the blog but in all seriousness…

Started by Thomas M Cagley Jr

0 Mar 25, 2014

Unconventional Agile Metrics

Hi All. What do you think about the idea of tracking percentage of committed stories delivered in each sprint? The idea is to avoid focus o…

Started by Paul Eisenberg

1 Dec 31, 2012
Reply by Doug Leard

should my team run some projects Agile and some Waterfall?

Recently at a client site, one of the burning questions was: Since our team is doing projects for multiple groups, some waterfall and som…

Started by D. André Dhondt

7 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Dennis Lloyd Jr

The Keystone Habit: Thin Vertical Slices

What's a keystone habit? A keystone habit is a practice that can make-or-break an organizational change. In a real archway, pictured right…

0 Oct 22, 2012

Functional Testing Patterns by Premanand Chandrasekara -- SLIDES

Slides are here: http://www.slideshare.net/premanandc/functional-testing-patterns-10987452 or see the attachment.

0 Jan 12, 2012

Agile Adoption: Next Steps for ongoing improvement

We are a few months into a full company agile adoption.  Pilot teams are now in their 5th sprints.  Remaining teams are all now running scr…

Started by Robert Shaw

1 Jan 11, 2012
Reply by Ravindar Gujral

vote Dan Mezick for the Scrum Alliance Board

Why you should vote for the Scrum Alliance board: Dan Mezick will make the SA stronger by encouraging discussions on ethics and promoting s…

0 Dec 7, 2011

RSS

ANNOUNCEMENTS

At AgilePhilly, we have been Promoting Agile Ideas since 1776

AgilePhilly is a not-for-profit user group of volunteers in the Philadelphia area dedicated to better software development practices.

Meetings are monthly. Get meeting reminders by joining here.  

• Our events are Free but you must RSVP.  We have Evening Meetings in the Western Suburbs, usually on the Third Tuesday.  They usually begin at 6:30 pm.  A sample agenda would be:
    • 6:30-7:00 pm: Eat & Greet & Network
    • 7:00-8:20 Main Topic/Speaker
    • 8:20-8:30 Q & A , Pack-Up, More Networking

• Our Sponsors cover the cost of pizza / sandwiches for an evening.

Our attempt with the group is to provide an environment where you can exchange ideas and meet with individuals involved in agile community.

© 2024   Created by Ravindar Gujral.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service